Re: [TeXmacs] Continue enumeration

  • From: Benno Dielmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Continue enumeration
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:53:26 +0200

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 13:22:05 Alfe (vid,smtp1) wrote:
| Hi, Enrique, everybody,
|
| Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:
| > How can I create an enumeration that continues the previous enumeration,
| > like this:
| >
| > 1. Section title
| > Some points blah bla:
| > 1. good
| > 2. bad
| >
| > 2. Another section
| > Further points:
| > 3. questionable
| > 4. perfect
|
| I'd be interested in any answer to this question as well (so please post it
| on the list!). I also think I asked this once before and got no helpful
| answer, so I guess there is no solution (yet) for this.

Well, there is one (though suboptimal): You can assign the item-nr variable
at
the start of the second list. Do do this, move the cursor to the start of the
second list to the left of the numbering but still in the list environment
(blue frame). Then put an assign statement there (e.g. by entering \assign)
and enter "item-nr" (without the "") into the first field and the number of
the
last item of the second list into the second field. In your example, this
would
be "2" (without "").

The bad thing is, if you expand the first list by adding more items, you
always
have to adapt the value you assign to item-nr. I tried to put a label in the
first list and a reference to it in the assign field, but Texmacs doesn't eat
it, probably because it's a string and not a number. I didn't find a way to
convert strings to numbers, either.

Have fun,

Benno.