[TeXmacs] search / blinking cursor

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] search / blinking cursor
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:47:21 +0200 (CEST)

Search:

One reason I feel uneasy with the "search" utility is that the "replace"
button
opens up a small window, similar to the one found in other editors (well,
lacking the possibility to search forward or backward), while "search" doesn't
open up anything, one just has to enter the search word, which appears in the
command line below the main window. I think that it would be better to have
one
small window, similar for the "search" and "replace" options, allowing also to
go backward and forward, and ignore capitals if necessary.

Lastly (but that's another problem) it would be nice to be able to search math
too.

Blinking cursor:

>Please, no blinking cursor. Sure, it's a matter of taste,
>but I hate blinking cursors ;-)

I respect your taste. However observe that all cursors in a typical linux box
(shell, vim, gvim, gedit, openoffice, thunderbird, etc.) are discretely
blinking. There is some convenience in it. It's easier to find them when you
look back at the page.