[TeXmacs] Q: How to add a hook to lists without messing up the typesetting?

  • From: Jeremy Henty <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Q: How to add a hook to lists without messing up the typesetting?
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:56:31 +0000

I would like to add a hook at the end of all lists to perform some
extra assignments. (I need this to write a package for continuing
lists from the number of a previous list, as discussed here recently.)
Unfortunately adding anything from inside the list macros messes up
the typesetting. I've attached an example.

Why does adding a hook that does nothing change the layout? How can I
add the hook without any side-effects? I have tried using merge but
so far without success. The wierd thing is that adding the hook at
the end of the list in the body of the document works. I don't
understand why putting it in the macro gives different results.

This is the only thing preventing me releasing a neat little macro
package. All help gratefully received!

Regards,

Jeremy Henty
<TeXmacs|1.0.7>

<\body>
<\hide-preamble>
<assign|list-end|<macro|>>

<assign|render-list-old|<value|render-list>>

<assign|render-list|<\macro|body>
<\render-list-old>
<arg|body><list-end>
</render-list-old>
</macro>>
</hide-preamble>

<\enumerate>
<item>

<item>

<item>
</enumerate>

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|preamble|false>
</collection>
</initial>

  • [TeXmacs] Q: How to add a hook to lists without messing up the typesetting?, Jeremy Henty, 11/01/2008