Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 19:38:08 +0100 (CET)

I think I got a clue of the mime-type problem in Ubuntu.

Here:

it is said that to have the mimetype of a file recognized and an icon
associated to it, one needs a texmacs.xml file in /usr/share/mime/packages/
containing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info";>
<mime-type type="application/texmacs">
<comment>MDF</comment>
<glob pattern="*.tm"/>
</mime-type>
</mime-info>

which automatically makes Gnome look for the icon
mimetypes/application-texmacs.svg
in the icon directory, thus solving the problem.

(alternatively, here:
http://adrianus.wordpress.com/2007/02/07/howto-add-new-mime-types-and-icon-for-
visio-document-in-ubuntu/
it is suggested to add some lines in
/usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml
which has apparently the same effect).

Now with

dpkg -L texmacs|grep xml
dpkg -L texmacs-common |grep xml

I don't find any texmacs.xml file containing the needed information.

So I guess that the problem with mimetypes in Ubuntu could be solved just by
adding the needed file:

/usr/share/mime/packages/texmacs.xml

and running update-mime-database in the post-installation script.

Andrea