Re: [TeXmacs] How to output png or jpg inside a session ?

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to output png or jpg inside a session ?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:58:38 +0000

Alpha-Channel transparency within png images is not preserved in TeXmacs. The problem is that output is done via PS which cannot handle transparency. PDF could handle it, but TeXmacs creates PDF via PS export and ps2pdf conversion, so any alpha-channel transparency is lost on the way.

Corcelle wrote:
Hello,

Writing a plugin for TeXmacs, it's easy to output an eps image within a session.
For exemple with :

echo -n $DATA_BEGIN
echo -n ps:
cat $ FILE.eps
echo -n $DATA_END

I can't find how to output a jpg or png file to be able to have transparency in TeXgraph outputs.
If someone could tel me how to do this or where to find informations it would be great.

Thank you.

Emmanuël Corcelle