Re: [TeXmacs] How to output png or jpg inside a session ?

  • From: Corcelle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to output png or jpg inside a session ?
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 00:43:24 +0100

Andrey G. Grozin a écrit :
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, chu-ching huang wrote:
How about use convert(Imagemagick):
convert file.jpg fire.eps
and output the eps in the session.
jpeg2ps can do the same (and can output directly to stdout, without creating file.eps); it produces much smaller .eps output than convert:

echo -n $DATA_BEGIN
echo -n ps:
jpeg2ps $FILE.jpg
echo -n $DATA_END
I had seen this converter in the init-images.scm file but it wasn't in my distribution so I had decided to skip it.
On your advice, I just installed it to see. The result is the same as the export to pdf then convert to ps : not so good on the screen within TeXmacs but really good in pdf export and printing.
So I will stay with my previous converter as it is most commonly installed.

To sum up, the TeXgraph plugin will provide two kinds of exports :
1. direct export to eps (compiled or not)
-> with a good screen display, a good printing and a good export to pdf - but with no transparency at all.
2. export to pdf (compiled or not) then convert to ps
-> with a bad screen display, a good printing and a good export to pdf - but with a "flattened" transparency

for the second case I use : pdftops $FILE.pdf - (which outputs directly to stdout)
pdf2ps gives a better screen display but catastrophic pdf export so I didn't keep it.

Thank you for your help.

Emmanuël