[TeXmacs] Exporting marginless PDFs

  • From: Robert Ramsay Lamar <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Exporting marginless PDFs
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 14:01:15 +0100

I am trying to include TeXmacs documents as images in a LaTeX document. Currently the way I am doing this is to use the graphicx package, export the TeXmacs document to PDF and manually change the bounding box so that

\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{desired.pdf}

shows what I need, without extra whitespace.

Attached are a TeXmacs document and two PDFs. The file actual.pdf is what you get when you select File->Export->PDF... from the menu. The file desired.pdf is what you get when you make the following change to actual.pdf:

12c12
< <</Type/Page/MediaBox [0 0 595 842]
---
> <</Type/Page/MediaBox [84 731 511 758]

It is possible to do this in a mechanized way using the facilities of TeXmacs? Are there other (external) tools that might achieve this? I can get the correct bounding boxes by hand, using trial-and-error, but it is much more work than it ought to be.

Cheers,
Rob

<TeXmacs|1.0.7>

<\body>
  <wide-std-framed|This is a normal TeXmacs document with the default paper
  size, margins, and all that. \ I want to export a PDF whose bounding box
  coincides with the frame that is around this text.>