[TeXmacs] Strange behavior with command line option -x

  • From: Robert Ramsay Lamar <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Strange behavior with command line option -x
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:56:13 +0100

Hello,

I am seeing strange behavior when passing scheme commands to TeXmacs on the command line. It appears that the commands are not being parsed correctly. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

This command produces the expected postscript document when run on TeXmacs-1.0.6.14-static-gnu-linux:

texmacs -x '(print-to-file \"toy.ps\")' toy.tm -q

But when run with TeXmacs-1.0.7-static-gnu-linux, I get the following strange behavior:

1. These errors appear in the terminal:
ERROR: In procedure list:
ERROR: end of file
ERROR: In procedure apply:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: (misc-error "list" "end of file" ()
#f)

2. Two TeXmacs windows open, one with the document toy.tm, and one with a blank document named
"toy.ps")
That is nine characters including a closing-parenthesis, as the filename.

3. When I close toy.tm (the last window to open) with C-x C-c, both windows
close.

I am using zsh 4.2.6 on Fedora Core 7. Can anyone replicate this behavior?

Many thanks,
Rob

  • [TeXmacs] Strange behavior with command line option -x, Robert Ramsay Lamar, 04/09/2009