Re: [TeXmacs] escescdollar to dollar

  • From: Enrique Perez-Terron <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] escescdollar to dollar
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:01:26 +0200

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 18:47 +0200, El.douwen wrote:
> hi
>
> i have inserting an equation by typing esc esc dollar, it means a $
> $equation$$, an equation that is writenn after a linebreak, in the
> middle of a new line.

A display formula.

> finally, i would like to change this to a simple equation, a dollar
> equation, i want to say a $equation$, without linebreak

An inline formula.

Inside a formula, type ctrl-tab. This changes display to inline, and
inline to display.

> with copypaste it does not seem to be possible:
> - if i copy inside the equation, it is considered as plain text,
> wether i paste it inside the texte or in a $ equation environment
> - if i copy the whole line of the equation, it is pasted with the new
> line
>
> a means ?

I recall having seen something similar, but I cannot reproduce it. Are
you using an old version of TeXmacs? I have 1.0.7 and 1.0.6.15 on my
desktop and laptop respectively. Help->About->Summary.

Specifically, if I copy a region of math (the red outline inside or
coincident with a blue outline), and paste it into a text region, I get
an inline formula. If I paste it into a formula (display or inline), I
get just more math in the formula.

If I copy a region that includes both text and math, when I paste it
into a text region, I get a formula of the same kind as the one I
copied, display or inline.

If I copy text and inline math into a formula, I get a text region
inside the formula, and a formula inside that again.

If I copy text and display math into a formula, it does not work. I get
an empty text region inside the formula.

Regards,
Enrique