Re: [TeXmacs] A rewrite of tm_axiom.c (attached)

  • From: Enrique Perez-Terron <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A rewrite of tm_axiom.c (attached)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:00:52 +0200

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 10:49 -0400, Bill Page wrote:
> Enrique,
>
> Your work with the axiom plugin is similar to previous work that never
> became part of the TeXmacs distribution. Perhaps you might be
> interested in the historical discussion of this subject on the
> original Axiom developer list
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=texmacs&l=axiom-developer%40nongnu.org

Yes, I will look through it more systematically. (I have already visited
some of these posts.)

> and more recently on the OpenAxiom developer list (mentioned here
> also by Kostas):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=203172&form_submit=Search&search_subject=1&search_body=1&type_of_search=mlists&all_words=texmacs

Thanks! It's frustrating to see how poor my googling skills still are.
At this moment I have an open-axiom build in the background.

> There is also a version of this plugin distributed at:
>
> http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/TeXmacs

Ugh, I have encountered this link several times in the last days, but I
always get a page saying

502 Proxy Error: ...
Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at
axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org Port 80

I have no idea what "proxy" axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org is trying to
access.

> This version was specialized for Windows and implements a more
> efficient threaded asynchronous interface rather than the synchronous
> approach of the older version. I would be very happy if someone was
> interested in porting this version to Linux (which is mostly a matter
> of using posix threads instead of the Microsoft-specific api. If you
> or anyone else is interested, I would be glad to participate.

I would like to see the windows version of tm_axiom.c. Is there any
other link out there?

Thanks, Enrique