Re: [TeXmacs] Pause between scheme commands.

  • From: Corcelle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Pause between scheme commands.
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:36:56 +0100 (CET)

> I'm trying to integrate the Giac spreadsheet in TeXmacs.
> My purpose is to open and manipulate spreadsheets with Xcas/Giac and
> to obtain a TeX export in TeXmacs.
>
> For that :
> 1 - I have to open a spreadsheet widget within a Giac session, create
> a table and save it (it's done).
> 2 - During these modifications, I would like to find a way (in
> scheme) to pause, waiting for the output to be written in the session
> (this is my problem).
> 3 - The rest is an export to TeX which is possible thanks to
> modifications of the TeXmacs plugin within Giac by Bernard Parisse.

To be more precise, I would like to do something like this :

(giac-insert "spreadsheet(spreadsheet[[[...]]])")
(session-evaluate)) ;; open the spreadsheet widget
-> (pause waiting for the output to be written in TeXmacs) ;; command I'm
looking for
(insert (read-line (open-input-file "table.tab")))
(session-evaluate) ;; export the table to TeX
(field-insert #t)
(delayed
(:pause 10)
(giac-insert "<Evaluer_pour_modifier_le_tableau_avec_Xcas>")
(insert-return)
(giac-insert (string-append "spreadsheet(" (read-line
(open-input-file "table.tab")) ")")) ;; save the modified table in TeXmacs
waiting for another modification
(field-insert #t)))

I don't if it helps.