Re: [TeXmacs] how to read <write|aux|<tuple|key|value>> data back again

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] how to read <write|aux|<tuple|key|value>> data back again
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:16:05 +0200

Hi Sam,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:06:06PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> If I write data using <write|aux|<tuple|key|value>>, how do I get to
> read it back again.

You can't, at least not currently. The information is contained in 'buf->aux',
the auxiliary part of your buffer, which is only accessible in the C++ code.
At best, I could add a hack so that you can access it from within Guile.

Anyway, for you litterate programming stuff, you probably want to generate
the actual programs using Guile; this is much easier than endless hacking of
the TeXmacs style files; the style language has not really be designed for
doing non trivial computations. Using Guile, you can simply examine the entire
document tree and perform any computations (and modifications) you want.

Best wishes, --Joris

P.S.: please send developer's questions to texmacs-dev