Re: [TeXmacs] Tab key no longer produces variants

  • From: Thiago Mosqueiro <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Tab key no longer produces variants
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:30:36 -0300

Hello.
Maybe I am not aware of the full discussion, then probably I am about to say something obvious. Anyway, I am currently using TeXmacs 1.0.7.2 (at Fedora 12) and the tab key works pretty well. For instance, if I tip "p tab" it gives me a \pi (in the LaTeX way). Should anything else happen? Or maybe it's some kind of version issue.
Best,
thiago
---
Physics Institut of São Carlos
University of São Paulo

On 16 August 2010 06:35, Ingolf Schäfer <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 16.08.2010 um 09:20 schrieb Jeremy Henty:

> I just got back to seriously using TeXmacs but I'm stumped because the
> Tab key no  longer produces variants, which makes  it pretty unusable.
> Might this  be because I  am still using  the X11 GUI?  Is  it finally
> time to go Qt?  I am using the latest SVN on Linux.
No, just start TeXmacs from the command line. At least that works in Ubuntu.

This bug is known for some time now, but I do not know if there are any patches out in the wild.

Yours,

Ingolf

> Regards,
>
> Jeremy Henty