[TeXmacs] TexMacs-QT eps import on SnowLeopard

  • From: Andreas Körner <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] TexMacs-QT eps import on SnowLeopard
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:58:15 +0200

Hello!

Yesterday I had to reinstall my OSX Snow Leopard. For being able to use
TeXmacs I had the decision to compile it with macports or to use the qt
binary supplied at the homepage. I decided for the ladder.

I found that the qt binary has a problem on my MacBook: the import of eps
images. Bitmaps just work fine.
eps images get sized to 35pt x 35pt and TextMacs outputs "cannot read image
file" on the Console.
Not so when I start the binary via shell
"/Applications/TeXmacs.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXmacs". Then it seems ok.

So I think it has something to do with enviroment variables and TM does not
find ghostscript. I just installed gs from macports, but this got no better
results. Also editing share/TeXmacs/bin/texmacs or share/TeXmacs/bin/tm_gs
did not change anything as it seems, that this files got completely ignored
by TM-QT.

Does somebody know what to do?

thx,
andi

  • [TeXmacs] TexMacs-QT eps import on SnowLeopard, Andreas Körner, 08/18/2010