[TeXmacs] Bugs?

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Bugs?
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:00:15 +0100

svn 3522 compiled on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64 bit with gcc 4.4.3, guile
1.8.7, Emacs look and feel, all experimental options active.

* I cannot map Meta anymore to my windows key. What is the recommended
way now? Also, 'Meta' does not appear in the minibuffer (entering it
via Esc), only '+'.

* The table shortcut appears in the menus as M+T,N,T
I only manage to get 'Table command' in the minibuffer using M+t
(lowercase). Further keypresses are just entered i.e. the table is not
inserted.

* The icons for paragraph centering, ragged right, justified, ragged
left are not shown in the menubar (this was already present in
1.0.7.4).

* Hovering on the font submenus of Document or Format causes a silent
false freeze of TeXmacs. It's not evident to me if fonts are being
compiled at that time.

* References to tables and equations don't show automatically resolved
in the docs, maybe they should suffer always an update pass before
being shown?

* when typing an upright operator (e.g. 'erf') in math mode without an
argument, an extra space is present and obvious in the text (this is
not the case if one types an argument, e.g. 'erf x').

* semantic parsing: the parenthesized expression (a+b) is
upward-selectable with Ctrl-Space, but it is not accesible anymore as
a separate entity once one adds a factor of the form: (a+b)*<mathd>x.
-- This happens because a space is required after an operator like
mathd or upright d. If this is the typographically correct thing to
do, then I suggest to include the space in the variants mechanism just
after the <mathd>.

* in the documentation one reads that the upright e,i,pi are entered
with variants, but the e,i,p that appear are in uppercase.
Furthermore, in my system <mathpi> is mapped to be the first variant,
and that is recognized by the documentation (one TAB) but not by
TeXmacs itself (two tabs necessary). Likewise, I have mapped * to
Spacebar and I see for both space and * 'type Space' in the
documentation. My mapping for space is Shift-Spacebar, but that is not
seen by the documentation.

* changing end-bracket ) to ] by typing the latter didn't work for me
(with or without force-brackets). Neither did Ctrl-* to toggle
fixed-size vs. resizable brackets (and it is not clear in the
documentation where the cursor has to be for this to take effect).

These are all minor issues, but some of them are annoying. Otherwise
the experience is quite smooth!

-á.