[TeXmacs] Four things

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Four things
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 20:11:43 -0300

I am using textmacs 1.0.7.4 (the latest available at ubuntu repositories).

1) I would like to report two mistakes at the translation of texmacs for the
portuguese language: first, the portuguese word for "proof" should be
"demonstration", not "demostration". Is there any way to fix that at my own
texmacs (instead of waiting until the corrected version becomes the stable)?
send documents with such a huge spelling error is not exactly helping my image
amongst my students :-p

2) A second error at the translation for portuguese is at the menu
"mathematics", at the "accent below". It is translated as "acento acima" when
it should be "acento abaixo" (it is VERY annoying - portuguese speaking users
actually see the option "acento acima" (accent below) twice, because of the
wrong translation of "accent below"). Again, can I fix it at my own version,
until I wait it to be corrected at the trunk version and until the trunk
version becomes the stable one?

3) How can I create my own environments (similarlike "theorem", "proof" and
etc,
together with the proper translation for my own language - the portuguese?) I
tried the manual, but it wasn't enough for me. Texmacs has proved to be a
powerful and useful piece of software, but it still lacks documentation. While
I could find anything that I need about latex with google in 10 minutes, it
might take months to learn one simple thing at texmacs (please do not
understand it as a bad criticism - I know how hard those things are - you are
doing a great job here - I am just making an observation).

4) I tried to register my new e-mail at this list, but the e-mail for
registering received a reply:

"This is the mail system at host smtp1.oi.com.br.

The mail system

<address@hidden>: host mx3.citic74.net[195.202.2.67] said: 554 5.7.1
<smtp1.oi.com.br[200.222.115.16]>: Client host rejected: blacklisted (in
reply to RCPT TO command)
"

This server smtp1.oi.com.br is the one used by my internet provider (which is
one of biggest brazilian providers, so it is weird to see it as "blacklisted".
Can someone tell me what I can do subscribe to this list with my new e-mail?

Thanks in advance,

Anderson Brasil

Para fazer uma ligação DDD pra perto ou pra longe, faz um 21. A Embratel tem
tarifas muito baratas esperando por você. Aproveite!