[TeXmacs] Texmacs and images on MacOS X

  • From: François-Xavier Thomas <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Texmacs and images on MacOS X
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 16:07:55 +0100

Hi guys,

I've been using TeXmacs for a while on my linux laptop (running Archlinux, and previously Ubuntu, a few years back) without many issues.

I recently bought a small MacBook Air (MacOS X 10.7), and I installed TeXmacs using MacPorts.
The issue here, is that no image is displaying on any TeXmacs document (I tried GIF, PNG and JPG), where they used to display naturally with my oder laptop. Instead, all I get is a red square with a red question mark inside.

 - Is there a way to make it work again? I'm guessing that some library is missing on MacOS, but as I'm not familiar with the inner workings of TeXmacs, I don't really know where to look, especially since there is no error in the console...
 - As a side question, one issue that has been nagging me for at least 1 or 2 years is, both Ubuntu and Archlinux setup actually produce PostScript files when asked to export to PDF. I usually manage just fine by converting it by hand, but I'd be very happy to see this one go away.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and keep up the good work!

--
François-Xavier Thomas

  • [TeXmacs] Texmacs and images on MacOS X, François-Xavier Thomas, 11/09/2011