Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs support for SAGE-Math

  • From: arshpreet singh <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs support for SAGE-Math
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 02:30:32 +0530

>>> No need to install texmacs plugin... (I fear even it's not good ?)
>>> For example on ubuntu, install texmacs from repository. Then get sagemath
>>> binary version (or you can compile it but it needs few hours). Uncompress
>>> it
>>> and you get a sage dir.
>>> cd sage
>>> edit sage file and set dir to /usr/share/sage (if you don't do it the
>>> first time sage starts it does it)
>>> sudo mv sage /usr/share/sage
>>> sudo ln -s /usr/share/sage/sage /usr/bin/sage
>>>
>>> If you start texmacs you should see sage in the menu
thanks for your help. i am able to see it in menu :)

>> I correct a possible missunderstanding :
>> sudo mv sage is "sage directory" not sage file
thanks i knew that.

>> so one must be outside sage directory to move the dir
>> sudo mv sage /usr/share/sage
no i did not move any file or directory. i did the following steps

cd /usr/local/bin/

sudo ln -s /path/to/sage/directory/sage/sage1 sage

in the above command sage is sage directory and sage1 is sage script.

well thanks for replying and tell be about linking process in linux.
--

Thanks
Arshpreet singh