Re: [TeXmacs] Mathematica plugin with Graphics

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Mathematica plugin with Graphics
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:39:05 +0000

It seems to me that you are right.

-á.

On 31 October 2012 16:20, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden> wrote:
A raster format gives you a guaranteed cap on filesize. AFAICT a very complex vector eps could make TeXmacs very unresponsive.

A raster can guarantee a cap on file size but not render-ability. I have had useless rasters which cannot be resized without hair-lines randomly vanishing.

AFAICT TeXmacs will render the complex eps vector ONCE and use the bitmap when editing but still use the eps in the .ps or .pdf file - and if it didn't, that really would be the better solution, don't you think?

TeXmacs is not a happy-go-lucky cheap and cheerful web editor it is a decent typesetting document editor.

Sam

-á.