[TeXmacs] folds

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] folds
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:48:26 +0100

I just started using folds, trying to make my documents more managable.
For now, I like "grouped", because it easily lets me see where a fold
starts and ends. I guess regular folds with varsession do that, too.

How much do people use folds?
How do you combine folds with sections? If I want a section/chapter
that I can fold away, is it OK to just put a section heading in the
fold summary?

Finally, I noticed that with a document that includes group-folds
nested to third level, where some of the folds are fairly big (but not
too big, a couple of sessions that cover, maybe 5-6 screenfuls, no
graphics), Certain parts of the document are very slow, where typing
gives something like 1 char a second or even less.
Does anyone know Why I get this slowness? How to avoid it? Is it the
group-folds? Is it too many nested folds?

Thanks!
Michael