Re: [TeXmacs] More on TeXmacs Footnote behaviour

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Arun Kishore <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] More on TeXmacs Footnote behaviour
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:21:12 +0000

I have some incomplete work on creating texmacs closures using texmacs macros.

I wonder if it would be useful here.

It would allow one to define a render-footnote macro at a point in the document where the right font environment existed but after the packages, styles and pre-amble have taken effect.

Maybe the official solution is a new xmacro: with-default-style, whose first argument is another macro (or name) followed by it's arguments.

with-default-style should be a closure of the font environments as they existed at the end of the pre-amble.

Anyone who customizes the style after that point can expect to customize render-footnote as well.

On the other hand, why don't headers and footers have this problem; or, in other words, could footnotes be rendered in a similar manner to footers? Would that help with table footnotes?

Sam