Re: [TeXmacs] Is a Brit knocking the Eurozone?

  • From: Eli <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Is a Brit knocking the Eurozone?
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 07:21:47 -0400

On 2013 Jul 1 Mon 3:11 am, François Poulain wrote:
Hi,

Le Sun, 30 Jun 2013 18:23:52 -0400,
Eli <address@hidden> a écrit :

Being new to TeXmacs, when I read about entering symbols, etc.,, I
try them out in a "No Name" buffer.

In text mode, "\ e u r o [Enter]" produces a nice black euro sign.

In math mode, "\ e u r o [Enter] produces a nice red pound sterling
sign.
I fixed this bug some weeks ago. I don't reproduce it anymore.
Guess I should have mentioned, I'm using TeXmacs 1.0.7.19.

I know I shouldn't be doing that. You don't do money in math mode. I
was expecting to get some kind of error message. Instead I got a huge
belly laugh. This is an Easter egg, right?
Not really. :) The red color means that there is a problem. The pound
sign is, in some way, the adress of the "euro" glyph in the font.
You mean some fonts have euro in the same slot as other fonts have sterling? Hmmm. If I were a British nationalist I would be hollering, "Conspiracy!" This also is funny.

François

--
——Eli