Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?

  • From: Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden>
  • To: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 22:16:35 +0530

That is a bummer. I was also trying out LyX, which has working copy and paste support, but everything else is confusing there. Plus, they don't have the niceness of sessions.

I guess I will have to continue using Keynote for now.

On Jan 7, 2014 9:57 PM, "François Poulain" <address@hidden> wrote:
Le Tue, 7 Jan 2014 21:21:12 +0530,
Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hmm. Does not work with TeXmacs on Mac OSX Mountain Lion. I have the
> latest version 1.99.1.
>
> Is this a new bleeding edge feature in the SVN?

No. The problem is probably due to the uglyness of the clipboard buffers
under MacOS, wich are not properly handled by Qt because they are not
based on MIME types (like e.g. text/html), but "flavors" [*]. Sometimes,
Mac OS applications use proprietary flavors which are not converted
into mime type by Qt, so they are non accessible via the current used
Qt framework.

(I give few details if someone want to look at it...)

You can easily check accessible flavors by printing the content of
md->formats(), in  qt_gui_rep::get_selection (), in
src/Plugins/Qt/qt_gui.cpp.

Specific code may be necessary on the Qt platform to access to all
"flavors" of the clipboard buffer, and to perfectly decode it. I guess
QMacPasteboardMime [**] could help. But I don't know if it allows to
read/write arbitrary flavors on the Mac clipboard (and I didn't took
time to test).

François

*  E.g. Safari use a "Apple web archive" flavor instead of text/html.
   It is more or less html and we could parse it. But it is not
   accessible via QClipboard.

** http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/4.8/qmacpasteboardmime.html

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>