Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden>
  • Cc: François Poulain <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:19:57 +0100

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for the hint. I looked. It appears that I would need to install Qt, Guile and Freetype on the Mac to even get started.

Indeed. You'll need those and want a few more too.

Maybe it would not be a bad idea to move the dependence off guile (the page says that you need an older version - that is never a good sign)?

Guile is the Scheme interpreter we currently use and there's no easy way to change it nor upgrade to 2.0 because of radical changes in it (basically Guile now compiles the Scheme code). There were some tests with Tinyscheme but they hit some trouble with TeXmacs' module system.

Overall, this sounds more like a project in itself, requiring the kind of time I do not currently have. Maybe in a month or so, I might give this a try.

If you do, then please search this list for Massimiliano Gubinelli's mails about the texmacs mac development environment, which should help you in downloading and installing all necessary packages. It won't be a totally easy ride, but it should get you there with minimal pollution of your system with libraries.

The usual alternative is MacPorts.

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.