Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?

  • From: Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:40:44 +0530

Thanks for the potentially useful hints! I try to keep away from Macports if I can. While brew is not a reliable and flexible alternative, the process just takes too long. You can't find an internally consistent and complete  repository of binary packages for Mac in the spirit of apt-get (which is just the best package management ecosystem in existence, IMO). Mac is crippled in that one way.

Forgive this ignorant question, but isn't compiled code generally faster than interpreted code? So, regardless of difficulties, wouldn't that alone make an upgrade to a compiled version worth it? I know nothing about Scheme, but am trying to apply some general principles here.

Your other comment about Qt handlers for drag and drop and the complexity of X11 not even being in existence makes me wonder if there is any point to compile what is in SVN.

Another ignorant question - aren't we supposed to be free of X11 if we are using Qt which is supposed to have cross platform operation as a pretty big unique selling point?

If I have asked something that should have been RTFM'ed, please point me to the right reference. Thanks.