[TeXmacs] Perl script to convert .csv spreadsheet to TeXmacs

  • From: Paul Gill <address@hidden>
  • To: Users TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Perl script to convert .csv spreadsheet to TeXmacs
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:23:20 +0000

I wrote a little Perl script to convert a comma separated value (.csv) spreadsheet to TeXmacs table format. Ugly, but it worked for the table I needed for a school lab report <smile>. Please find a copy attached.

I ended up using Emacs to insert it into the TeXmacs file. I tried using "Insert - Link - Include", but that showed up a bunch of tags instead of as a rendered table. I suspect it is because my script doesn't write out <body> tags etc.

If there is a better way of importing spreadsheets please let me know, but if I remember the documentation correctly the other workaround is to convert the table to EPS and insert as a figure.

Thanks to all who support TeXmacs!

--
Paul Gill <address@hidden>