Re: [TeXmacs] Perl script to convert .csv spreadsheet to TeXmacs

  • From: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Paul Gill <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Perl script to convert .csv spreadsheet to TeXmacs
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:36:28 +0100

Hi,

Le Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:23:20 +0000,
Paul Gill <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I wrote a little Perl script to convert a comma separated value (.csv)
> spreadsheet to TeXmacs table format. Ugly, but it worked for the
> table I needed for a school lab report <smile>. Please find a copy
> attached.

Good idea, thank you.

> I ended up using Emacs to insert it into the TeXmacs file. I tried
> using "Insert - Link - Include", but that showed up a bunch of tags
> instead of as a rendered table. I suspect it is because my script
> doesn't write out <body> tags etc.

I think so. Maybe we should strictly ensure that we are including a
TeXmacs document. :)

> If there is a better way of importing spreadsheets please let me
> know, but if I remember the documentation correctly the other
> workaround is to convert the table to EPS and insert as a figure.

I think the best may be to make a converter from csv, directly
in Scheme. Then you would only have to copy your csv data and then
Edit-> Paste from -> CSV.

Such a converter should be easy to write, at least with basic features.

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>