Re: [TeXmacs] change icon size (in toolbar)

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] change icon size (in toolbar)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:12:33 +0100

Let me correct that: if you change the icons for bigger ones and are *not* running MacOS, then you will see bigger icons. Under MacOS, our use of the standard toolbar with metallic look (the so called "unified toolbar") fixes the maximum vertical size to the OS default. However, this won't apply for other icons or other operating systems. Let me explain:

* There are 3 sizes for icons in TeXmacs: 16x16, 20x20, and 24x24, used respectively for focus, mode and main icons.
* The 24x24 icons in the main toolbar (open, file, new, etc.) can't be made bigger under MacOS without recompiling. All others yes.
* All icons may be changed, under any operating system. Again: only the sizes of the main icons (24x24) won't change under MacOS.
* The sizes for each of the three toolbars are read at runtime from the icons pixmaps/modern/16x16/tm_add.png, pixmaps/modern/20x20/tm_section.png and pixmaps/modern/24x24/tm_new.png. You need to change at least these three to see any changes.

Here is a website with standard icons in 32x32 size: http://tango.freedesktop.org/ If you find the courage and time to rename the ones we need from that or any other icon set and then place them in the proper folder structure please share! The folder names "16x16", "20x20" and "24x24" have to be kept even though they wouldn't be true any more (but I could change that in the code).

Best,

--
Miguel de  Benito.