Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Drag and drop support?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:16:29 +0100

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:27:11AM +0100, Michael Lachmann wrote:
> I just tried the latest version on OSX.
> Drag and drop of images does not seem to work. I think what is missing is
> TeXmacs telling OSX
> what type of files you can drop into it.
>
> Copy and paste of eps, jpg and bmp doesn't fully work.
> I go to the finder, copy a file, then go to TeXmacs and paste it.
> Instead of the image, I get a huge icon of the file type.

That is if you copy from Finder; it just copies the icon you see in Finder.

I modified the copy & paste code so as to retrieve the Url of the image.
The new code imports such images as links and it works for me (SVN revision
8213).
Please test the new code on other platforms (Linux and Windows) as well,
and with different types of images (copy & paste from a file browser,
from a navigator, from a word processor, etc.).

Best wishes, --Joris