Re: [TeXmacs] About background color

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] About background color
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 10:33:01 +0200

Hi Sam,

 thanks for your answer. I think that, judging from your screenshot, either you are running an older version of TeXmacs, or you didn't run --setup. See my screenshot with your example text. Or did I miss anything?

Best,
Inline image 1

--
Miguel de  Benito.

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Miguel de Benito Delgado
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If I replace your usage of datoms with a todo tag, the result seems to be /
> is the same. Why is datoms better?

because:
> A table cell like that will affect word wrapping,

see attached image, or render this in paper-layout so you see the line wrapping

``blah blah blah,'' said the immitation count, wrapping himself with
<datoms|<macro|x|<tabular|<tformat|<cwith|0|0|0|0|cell-background|pastel
yellow>|<table|<row|<cell|<arg|x>>>>>>>|lines of a paragraph, the lines of a
page, or the pages of a document.> Currently, only decorations of atoms on
lines of a paragraph have been implemented.

These primitives are used to decorate <em|a posteriori> the <todo|lines of a
paragraph, the lines of a page, or the pages of a document.> Currently, only
decorations of atoms on lines of a paragraph have been implemented.

datoms has it's minor problems, the environment in which the render
macro is evaluated is unrelated to the one in which the text was
evaluated but it shouldn't be a problem normally, and use of quasi and
friends should help in other cases to preserve some of the environment
in a closure-like macro.

Sam

> Example:
>
> These primitives are used to decorate <em|a posteriori> the
> <datoms|<macro|x|<tabular|<tformat|<cwith|0|0|0|0|cell-background|pastel
> yellow>|<table|<row|<cell|<arg|x>>>>>>>|lines of a paragraph, the lines of a
> page, or the pages of a document.> Currently, only decorations of atoms on
> lines of a paragraph have been implemented.
>
> These primitives are used to decorate <em|a posteriori> the <todo|lines of a
> paragraph, the lines of a page, or the pages of a document.> Currently, only
> decorations of atoms on lines of a paragraph have been implemented.
>
> --
> Miguel de  Benito.
>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> A table cell like that will affect word wrapping, but datoms this may
>> work.
>>
>> cut-n-paste this into a document to see.
>>
>> These primitives are used to decorate <em|a posteriori> the
>> <datoms|<macro|x|<tabular|<tformat|<cwith|0|0|0|0|cell-background|pastel
>> yellow>|<table|<row|<cell|<arg|x>>>>>>>|lines of a paragraph , the lines
>> of a
>> page, or the pages of a document.> Currently, only decorations of atoms on
>> lines of a paragraph have been implemented.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Miguel de Benito Delgado
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > You can achieve this with a table of one cell, without borders, padding,
>> > etc. See std-markup.ts in the sources for an example in the macro "todo"
>> > (e.g. search for the word todo in the style files by pressing Shift+F1)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Miguel de  Benito.

PNG image