Re: [TeXmacs] Problem inserting sub figure

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>, zhaoyunsong <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problem inserting sub figure
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:32:08 +0100

Miguel - thanks for this "make" example.

i've been trying, but how would I make this document tree using make:

<tuple|a|1|<tuple>|->

thanks

Sam

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM, zhaoyunsong <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you very much!
> Is it possible to set different fonts for English and Chinese character?

You can always change the font for a text fragment. Just go to Format->Font...

Better yet, you could tweak the language tag <\english> (assuming your document is mainly written in chinese and that's the language you set for it). For this you can redefine the macro:

* Click on Insert->Language->English
* Click on the little wrench in the focus bar, select Edit macro...
* Select "source" in the combobox at the bottom left.
* Click on the word "english" to place the cursor on it.
* Add a new argument to the "with" tag. You can do this with Alt+right or Ctrl+right, depending on your configuration.
* Two blanks appear: in the first type "font" (no quotes), in the second the name of your font. The first should be green.
* Important: Hit enter to activate the tag.

After clicking "Apply", this will insert something similar to the following in the preamble of your document:

<assign|english|<macro|body|<with|language|chinese|font|SOMEFONT|<arg|body>>>>

You can verify this with Document->Part->Show preamble
You can see your document again with Document->Part->Show all parts

Of course you can just use Paste from...->TeXmacs with the code above and skip those steps.

Now use this tag every time you insert some english text. This has the added bonus that you have semantic information. For instance, the spell-checker might (I haven't checked) use the proper language at each place. If it doesn't it should and you could open a ticket for it.

You'll probably want to add a shortcut to insert the macro. In your my-init-texmacs.scm add

(kbd-map
  ("C-e" (make (string->symbol "english"))))

Typing Ctrl+e will now insert an <\english> tag.

I don't know if there's some other method, maybe one of our other chinese users knows?

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.