[TeXmacs] Problem solved (version 1.99.2 under Windows XP)

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Problem solved (version 1.99.2 under Windows XP)
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 14:02:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

this a message to tell you that my problem (it was impossible to run TeXmacs after a crash) is solved.

1) i have unistalled TeXmacs,

2) following the advices from François Poulain, Julien Frontisi and Miguel De Benito, i have searched the TeXmacs folder which is not deleted by the uninstallation and i found it... The mysterious folder... And i found it, without the help of the Windows searcher (which is a big s...) Here is the path (in my case) :

c:/Documents and Settings/gomez/Application Data/TeXmacs

(TeXmacs is written without a point)

3) I have deleted the mysterious folder.

4) Installation again.

5) Run TeXmacs (problem). Restart Windows, and run TeXmacs and... miracle !

Three months without TeXmacs... It's hard.

Thank you for your help.

Miguel : is it possible to put theses details somewhere for the others Windows XP TeXmacs users ?

Sincerly yours,
Richard Gomez

  • [TeXmacs] Problem solved (version 1.99.2 under Windows XP), richardetdave, 08/01/2014