[TeXmacs] Using R plugin with Texmacs on Windows

  • From: Peeter Tinits <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Using R plugin with Texmacs on Windows
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:15:37 +0200

Dear list members,

Among other plugins, Texmacs allows one to interface to R, due to excellent work
by some community members: see here https://mltthinks.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/15/

I am wondering if anyone can comment on the possibilities of using the feature on windows.

The thread linked above offered the chance to use a Linux virtualbox, and offered that perhaps
the 'pipes' in windows do not allow you to link to R.

I have tried using the latest version on Windows 7 for it, but it only offers Python and Scheme
under the interactive sessions, and does not find it on calling R.

Is there any way I could activate it?

Does anyone have ideas on how and whether it could be possible to use the interface on Windows (without resorting to a Virtual machine).

(Of course I could always convert to Linux, but perhaps there is a way?)

Many thanks!

Peeter

  • [TeXmacs] Using R plugin with Texmacs on Windows, Peeter Tinits, 01/19/2015