[TeXmacs] Color big operators with sub and super scripts in Display Math Mode

  • From: Michael Shea <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Color big operators with sub and super scripts in Display Math Mode
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 16:11:19 -0500

I wanted to point out what I consider an anomaly in how TeXmacs handles superscripts and subscripts in display mode, when you want to change the color of the big operator.

Equations (1) and (3) is the output you get create the entire _expression_, then try to color the big operator only. While the big operators remain the size consistent with displayed equations, the scripts are being treated as if the equation is in inline (formula) mode.

To get the desired output in (2) and (4),  I had to color the entire _expression_, then go back and select the superscript and subscripts individually and color them black.

Inline image 3
The source code shows how the result ends up nesting the color commands.

Inline image 4

PNG image

PNG image

  • [TeXmacs] Color big operators with sub and super scripts in Display Math Mode, Michael Shea, 06/27/2015