[TeXmacs] Examples, problems and exercises per section HELP!

  • From: Edgar Jasso <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Examples, problems and exercises per section HELP!
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 00:57:14 -0700

Hi there.
We are writing a book and have NO experience with TeXmacs
We are using Examples, exercises, and problems, and we would want each to have their own counter, per section.
Currently the numbering goes like this:

Chapter 7
Section 7.1

-Problem 7.1

-Exercise 7.1

-Example 7.1

SECTION 7.2

-Problem 7.2

-Exercise 7.2

-Example 7.2

-Problem 7.3

-Exercise 7.3

-Example 7.3

-Problem 7.4

-Exercise 7.4

-Example 7.4

SECTION 7.3

-Exercise 7.3

-Problem 7.5

... ETC

I would want the numbering to go something like

Chapter 7
Section 7.1

-Problem 1

-Exercise 1

-Example 1

SECTION 7.2

-Problem 1

-Exercise 1

-Example 1

-Problem 2

-Exercise 2

-Example 2

-Problem 3

-Exercise 3

-Example 4

SECTION 7.3

-Exercise 1

-Problem 1

...Etc

I read around and it seems like I must
1) redefine a counter, so it resets by section
2) redefine some environments so the numering does not show the chapter ( or section)

but I don't understand where to do this!

Can somebody help a newbie on this!

Thanks

Edgar Jasso
Mathematics