[TeXmacs] ubuntu

  • From: "PDS" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] ubuntu
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 12:03:34 +0200

Hi

I have been using texmacs on windows for some time and i have maneged to make
it work properly. However making plugins work has been rather problematic in
some cases. I have posted here sometimes about the issues. I have often seen
coments suggesting that windows is the problem and linux is the solution.

Now i have introduced linux bash on windows and i can confirm that many
problems have been solved, however, i now realize that:

1. maxima plugin that works out of the box on windows does not operate at all
in ubuntu linux (it is not recognized)

2. texmacs version is outdated and it seems that no compilation alternative
exists for linux (i thought it existed)

I have been searching for the solution for quite a long across the web and i
do not find a robust solution (changing sh to bash does not solve the
problem).

Is there anybody that can suggest where the solutions can be found.

Cheers

Pedro Diaz

  • [TeXmacs] ubuntu, PDS, 10/23/2016