Smarter subscript in math mode

  • From: Zhuyang Wang <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Smarter subscript in math mode
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 10:11:46 -0500

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a convenient way to turn the numbers after a symbol into a subscript. For example, now I have the following keybinding in my config:

("a 1" (insert '(concat "a" (rsub "1"))))

And then copy and paste for other characters and subscripts. I hope there is a better solution than copy/paste. My current idea is to set up a keybinding for "1 tab", "2 tab", etc, so that the tab will turn the number into a subscript of the previous symbol. But I don't quite know how to move in the document tree (or directly manipulate it). I read the document "Programming routines for editing documents" but still have no idea, like how can I get the tree representing the symbol before the cursor.

Thanks!

Zhuyang