Re: An opportunity for TeXmacs-based online learning?

  • From: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • To: "Massimiliano Gubinelli" <address@hidden>, "mathoscope" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "texmacs-users" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: An opportunity for TeXmacs-based online learning?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 22:34:02 +0800

Hi, mgubi

High school math teachers in China are using TeXmacs for teaching, there is a post on Zhihu (Quora for Chinese)

Also, I already raised 3 live events at Zhihu Live. I have uploaded one of the live to:

I reused the slides for USTC 2019 SFD.

And there is another recorded live casting on my computer. It is a pity, I forgot to record one of them.

---- On Tue, 2020-03-17 19:16:12 Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden> wrote ----

Dear all,

in this global virus crisis, me and many of my colleagues mathematicians need to broadcast lectures from home. Typical solution is either use slides or virtual blackboards connected to a tablet. I was wondering if there is an opportunity to advertise TeXmacs as an alternative solution. I myself did once a seminar using TeXmacs "live", that is projecting the TeXMacs window while writing the content as I would have done for a blackboard talk.

If some of you have some time and energy it would be nice to have another small video to show how to use TeXmacs to do online learning.

We could show a simulated lecture where you use the beamer mode as a balckboard to illustrate some theorem and maybe do some drawing, etc... I think some people could be interested in this solution. Handwriting is sometime not so pretty and preparing LaTeX slides time-consuming. So we could have some new users. Especially if we explain simple ways to do things.

I tried to send around your Joris' video where he prepares slides but a more targeted tutorial/presentation would be more interesting.

Vincent? you already have some experience in this. Maybe you could prepare a small example video for french speaking math teachers (either in schoor or at university)?

Best
Max