Re: Constant Use of 100% CPU

  • From: Sebastian Miele <address@hidden>
  • To: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Constant Use of 100% CPU
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:02:59 +0200

Darcy Shen <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't need to include QPainterPath on debian sid (the latest).
>
> That's another reason why I didn't merge this PR:
>
> https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs/pull/43

Good to know. Didn't know about that pull request. The pull request
mentions "Qt 5.15". On my current Arch Linux, Qt indeed is 5.15.0.
According to https://packages.debian.org/sid/qtbase5-dev, your Qt
probably is 5.14.2.

According to

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qpainterpath.html,
https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qpainterpath.html, and
https://doc.qt.io/archives/4.3/qpainterpath.html

QPainterPath is defined in the file included by:

#include <QPainterPath>

in Qt versions 4.3, 4.8, and Qt 5.15. According to

https://doc.qt.io/archives/index.html

Qt 4.8 is the latest (archived) Qt 4. And Qt 4.3 is the earliest that
still is archived on that site.

Including the header almost certainly is and always was the right thing
to do. The reason that it worked without explicit inclusion of the file
before 5.15 almost certainly is: Some other Qt header included
<QPainterPath>. That Qt header got changed in 5.15, so that there is
only a forward declaration for QPainterPath, which in particular does
not contain enough information to determine its 'sizeof' (for allocation
(on the stack)).