Re: Constant Use of 100% CPU

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Constant Use of 100% CPU
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:19:03 +0200

Maybe, something is going wrong in your runloop. If you look into
Plusings/Qt/qt_gui.cpp you see that we use a QTimer to fire an update
procedure which runs TeXmacs internal update routines (reading input events
from a secondary queue, performing changes and updating the window graphic
surfaces). Maybe something is changed in the version of Qt5 which you have
and this makes this bug appear, it does not seems to me I have seen it on my
Mac (with Qt4). If you want to try to debug you can see wether the update
function is run too often and why. Usually the algorithm make sure that,
unless there is input to handle, the update function is called with
reasonable timeout (there are delayed events which are produced internally in
TeXMacs which have to be handled anyway, like the update of the footer bar).

hth,
max