Re: Dealing with Cork (e.g., in Emacs)

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Dealing with Cork (e.g., in Emacs)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:11:03 +0200

This program seems to be able to deal with cork:

hth,
mg

On 28. Jul 2020, at 22:14, Sebastian Miele <address@hidden> wrote:

The Default and Scheme serializations of TeXmacs trees seem to be
Cork/T1/EC encoded.

How do you view those files in Emacs? In my Emacs (27.0.91), I cannot
find a 'cork', 't1', or 'ec' encoding in the buffer resulting from M-x
list-coding-systems. The files get interpreted as Latin 1 by default.
That produces incorrect results. E.g., 0xff = Cork ß (small sharp s) =
Latin-1 ÿ (small y with diaeresis).

How do you convert between Cork and, e.g., UTF-8 on the command line?
iconv, too, seems to not have support for Cork (at least on my system).
Google searches seem to not yield results. Almost certainly there is a
utility in TeX Live.