Re: Creating tables, math and drawings from scheme session

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Creating tables, math and drawings from scheme session
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 23:42:51 +0100

Hi Michael,

TeXmacs internally represents all documents as trees.
The current buffer can be retrieved using

(buffer-tree)

You can next use the routines 'tree-ref' and 'tree-set' to
extract subtrees and modify them. For instance, assume that
you created a document with an empty first line and
that you created a Scheme session just below.
Then the buffer tree will be of the form

(document
""
...your Scheme session...)

You may then do

(tree-set (tree-ref (buffer-tree) 0) `(strong "Hi there!"))

to change the first line into a welcome greeting.

I hope that this helps to get you started.
For more info, see "The Jolly Writer", chapter 14.

Best wishes, --Joris