Re: Building TeXmacs for macos

  • From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>
  • To: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Building TeXmacs for macos
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 13:28:51 +0100

Hi,

We exchanged a few mails with Max, and the conclusion is that the problems I
had were the result of trying to build TeXmacs with qt5, which is possible it
seems, although not yet supported and a bit of a pain, as it seems to really
confuse the configure step. I think the instructions on the website regarding
compiling TeXmacs from the sources should be edited to advice compiling with
Qt4 and not Qt5. (No version is suggested there, which led me to believe the
current version of Qt was the expected one, or at least as good as the
previous one…)

Regards,

Pierre-Henri