Re: drawing a rectangle -> scheme laguage within texmacs

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: drawing a rectangle -> scheme laguage within texmacs
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:53:00 +0100

On 25.11.20 13:41, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
Too many brackets.

Remove the external pair of parentheses.

Max has been faster than me in answering :-)

In the last expression in your screenshot you have two parenthesis at the start and four at the end, while it should be

(stree->tree '(rectangle (point 0 0) (point 1 1)))

(one parenthesis at the start, three at the end)

In addition:

i typed "tree" in the help and it gave me pages where i did not have the sensation to find

"tree" is too general a term in TeXmacs to allow the search tools to find the help to the question, as all of the TeXmacs document parts are trees.

Let me also point you to the blog post I wrote on graphics in TeXmacs ;-)

https://texmacs.github.io/notes/docs/scheme-graphics.html

Another one is in preparation :-)

Scheme is a rather different language from imperative languages like Fortran and it takes a bit to get used to, in that one needs to write programs as compositions of functions rather than as a sequence of instructions. But I do not yet feel that I have enough command on the language to discuss with confidence its advantages/disadvantages with respect to other languages (although sometimes the possibility to compose expressions arbitrarily feels nice).