Using Texmacs to pass official exams

  • From: Nicolas Chouvalidzé <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Using Texmacs to pass official exams
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 16:47:53 +0100

Dear Texmacs users,

I am going to pass some official exams/concours at a national level using Texmacs for all scientific subjects.
Needless to say that the examiners need to be certain that no calculator, CAS or Python console is able to run on the computer.
I know that a python console is embedded into Texmacs, as well as other consoles, but I have never understood how they worked. I precise that I have not installed any plug-ins. I only need to be certain that they are disabled for when I take my exams.

Do you know how (or if it is necessary at all) to disable every console, calculation and session-tools embedded into Texmacs, that might be considered as a calculator or a tool ?
If it is not possible to disable them yet, I think that the introduction of an "exam mode" might be an interesting development idea for the future, if you want Texmacs to be a true alternative for students who need to use it in all situations.

Thank you very much for all your answers and help,
Nicolas.