Re: a "terrible" question

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: patrick Teller <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: a "terrible" question
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 11:58:31 +0200

Dear Patrick

I use very often conversion to LaTeX from TeXmacs and what your colleagues
claim does not seems true to me.

The LaTeX code which TeXmacs generates is perfectly normal and with very few
macros and usually compile fines even if you still have to check. There could
be of course problems and in case you find some bug/problem it is important
that you report it in the texmacs-dev mailing list (or here) so that we can
try to fix it.

Since TeXmacs is not based on LaTeX the conversion process is nontrivial but
usually if you do not do crazy stuff in your TeXmacs document everything
should work fine. Again, it could happen that the file does not compile but
it is usually easy to fix.

Anyway here or in the forum you can ask for help in case something is not
working.

Best regards,
Massimiliano Gubinelli