Re: a "terrible" question

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: a "terrible" question
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 15:22:16 +0200

Dear all,

I do have to say a few things about LaTeX here:

- In my experience, LaTeX is inconsistent with itself. I have experienced
non-trivial changes between LaTeX executions on different machines and
non-trivial changes when adding certain packages such as hyperref.

So: for people who are afraid of our TeXmacs -> LaTeX export,
they also should be afraid of executing LaTeX on different machines or
when making apparently benign changes.

- TeXmacs has the advantage of generating high quality "standard" LaTeX.
Springer actually contacted me once whether they could use one of my
papers
as a demo for "how to write the kind of LaTeX that they wanted to have"
(not realizing that this kind of LaTeX was precisely not hand-written).
So, in a sense, one may have less trouble with documents generated via
TeXmacs,
even though it is always good to double-check (for reasons that were
mentioned).

Best wishes, --Joris