Re: Default page size

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Default page size
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:58:18 -0000

On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 1:01 PM, Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 27.07.2021 um 18:51 schrieb TeXmacs:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 04:36:33PM -0000, address@hidden wrote:
>> New to TeXmacs, and resident in the US. I would like the default page size to
>> be US Letter. Right now it comes up as A4 every time I open a new document.
>> Preferences doesn't seem to mention this.
>>
>> How do I set a default page size? In fact how to I change the default settings
>> for a new document, like font, pointsize?
> The easiest "user friendly" way to do this is to create your personal style file
> or style package with all the customizations that you need.

I just read in the Scheme developer manual, and tested it on my TeXmacs
installation, that in order to automatically select a given style when
starting a new document one can place this in the buffer initialization
file my-init-buffer.scm (written for the article style):

(if (not (buffer-has-name? (current-buffer)))
     (begin (init-style "article")
            (buffer-pretend-saved (current-buffer))))

Combined with your answer, I think this is what non-null@use wants.

@non-null: if you need more details on how to put things together please
write.

G.

Great, you solved my problem and with a very neat technique that keeps the style details changeable from TeXmacs afterward with no Scheme programming. Thank you.