Re: Default page size

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Default page size
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:01:55 +0000

Am 27.07.2021 um 18:51 schrieb TeXmacs:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 04:36:33PM -0000, address@hidden wrote:
New to TeXmacs, and resident in the US. I would like the default page size to
be US Letter. Right now it comes up as A4 every time I open a new document.
Preferences doesn't seem to mention this.

How do I set a default page size? In fact how to I change the default settings
for a new document, like font, pointsize?
The easiest "user friendly" way to do this is to create your personal style
file
or style package with all the customizations that you need.

I just read in the Scheme developer manual, and tested it on my TeXmacs installation, that in order to automatically select a given style when starting a new document one can place this in the buffer initialization file my-init-buffer.scm (written for the article style):

(if (not (buffer-has-name? (current-buffer)))
    (begin (init-style "article")
           (buffer-pretend-saved (current-buffer))))

Combined with your answer, I think this is what non-null@use wants.

@non-null: if you need more details on how to put things together please write.

G.