conversion texmacs/word

  • From: Alexandre Abbes <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: conversion texmacs/word
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 09:43:22 +0200

Hello,

I am using texmacs and openoffice, and I would like to be able to communicate with  my colleagues who are mostly using msword, and the docx format.

 I am trying to convert texmacs documents to msword documents (docx), and conversely. But I do not have msword, only openoffice, that cannot read well math formulae.

  ->When using html as intermediary format,

* in the sens texmacs>html, the math are not translated as mathml by texmacs, but as images (not scalable).

* In the sens docx>html, the tool pandoc with the flag --mathml translates the formulae well, it is ok to open the converted file with the browser. But texmacs does not open the html file. (??) When the flag --mathml is not set with "pandoc", then texmacs opens the file, the formulae are displayed as pure latex between $ $.

-> when using latex as intermediary format, texmacs does not open "longtable" generated by pandoc (but latex compiles)

**Is it possible to integrate the mathml format in texmacs (import/export) ?

** Is there a well known easy way to do tm <-> docx?

 Best,

Alexandre Abbes